Race Team Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I Start or Join a Team?
2. One of my team members registered as an individual when they meant to join my team, how do they correct that?
3. When and where can I pick up my Race T-shirt?
4. What is a team webpage?
5. What is the best way for team members to register?
6. Where should I park on Race day?
7. Can my team carry a banner on Race day?
8. My company would like to pay for the whole team, can we do this?
9. If I need help with team registration, who should I contact?
1. How do I Start or Join a Team?
If you haven’t registered for the Komen Bahamas Race for the Cure yet, you may register online and select “Start or Join a Team.” To Start a Team, select a Team Name and register the first person to make the team active. When you create a team you have the option to select what type of team you are: Religious, Friends and Family, School, NGO, or Corporate. To search for a team, type the name of the team you want to join in the search field.
If you have already registered for the Komen Bahamas Race, and wish to join a team, you will need to contact us to change your registration. Participants may form or be added to a team by sending their name and the name of the team to BahamasRace@komen.org.
2. One of my team members registered as an individual when they meant to join my team, how do they correct that? Send an email to BahamasRace@komen.org with their name and the team name they’d like to be added to.
3. When and where can I pick up my Race T-shirt? For VIRTUAL registrations, your T-shirt packet will be mailed to you at the U.S. mailing address provided at the time of registration. In an effort to be good stewards of our funds, Komen will not ship T-shirts internationally. For those who registered to participate on Race day, your T-shirt will be available for pickup in Nassau. Packet pick up is available January 16-18, 2013 from 10:00 am-4:00 pm at Sunshine Insurance Office, East Shirley Street OR at Pre-Registration Area on Race morning from 6:00-6:45 am.
4. What is a team webpage? Your team page is a webpage that friends and family can visit to read about your team or find a team member to donate to. Individual team member donations support fundraising efforts of the entire team. The default team web page contains sample text and photos. But we encourage you to customize your page with your own photos and story for participating! Log in to your Participant Center to access your team page.
5. What is the best way for team members to register? ONLINE! Online registration is easy. Online registration allows each team member to establish a personalized web page to tell people why they are participating in the Race and invite friends and family to consider making a donation on behalf of their participation!
6. Where do I park on Race day? Limited complimentary parking is available on Paradise Island, near the Royal Towers is available until 6:30am. Parking is also available under the bridge and on the side streets of Nassau. Car pooling is encouraged. For those not renting a car, the Race start is within walking distance of the Atlantis and other hotels on Paradise Island. If you are staying at a hotel not in walking distance to the Race start, arrange for taxi transport or see if your hotel’s shuttle will take you to the start.
8. My company would like to pay for the whole team, can we do this? Yes. Please contact our Komen Bahamas Race team at BahamasRace@komen.org and let us know you would like to pay for your entire team. Someone from our team will respond to your email with 48 hours to help your team registration get started!
9. If I need help with team registration, who should I contact? Send an email to us at BahamasRace@komen.org. Tell us the best phone number to reach you at and someone will be in touch within 48 hours.